TOUR PROPOSAL 3 DAYS/2 NIGHTS
- 2 nights in a double room in a selected charming hotel / farmhouse / country house in Langhe Monferrato Roero
- Buffet breakfast with local products
- 1 dinner in a characteristic restaurant, with tasting menu
- 1 visit to a Barolo or Barbaresco winery with tasting
- 1 local cookery course in a homely setting with professional chef and equipment, preparing a complete traditional set menu and followed by lunch or dinner with the dishes prepared
- Visit of a small local Truffle boutique with tasting of truffle-derived products
- 1 Truffle hunting excursion in the woods with the “Trifolau” and his dog
- 1 admission to the Truffle Market in Alba – International Alba White Truffle Fair (Saturdays and Sundays)
- 1 guided visit to Alba town centre
- 1 visit to the Grinzane Cavour Castle, Unesco site
Pics credits: Elena Pardini, Franco Giaccone, Davide Carletti for Ente Fiera del Tartufo
Arrival in the Unesco hills and check-in at the chosen accommodation facility. Local cookery course in the homely setting: preparation of a traditional menu to discover the roots of our local food & wine culture, picking up some of the secrets behind the flavours and ingredients from an expert cook and lunch or dinner with the dishes prepared.
After a rich breakfast, departure to visit the prestigious Barolo and Barbaresco wine growing hills, along the Unesco Vineyard landscapes. Guided visit to a well-known wine cellar with tasting and visit to the impressive Grinzane Cavour Castle, Unesco site.
Dinner in a selected characteristic and panoramic restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast and check-out, meeting with the guide in Alba, the “Capital” of Langhe hills and Unesco Creative City of Gastronomy, for a guided visit to the historical centre among medieval towers, liberty palaces, elegant boutiques and historical cafés. Stop at a local Truffle boutique with possibility to buy top-quality truffle products.
The city hosts the International Alba White Truffle Fair with the Truffle Market, where the Truffle Hunters sell their precious underground mushrooms certified by a quality commission. Free time for lunch. In the afternoon, simulated Truffle Hunting Excursion in the woods, with a “Trifolau” (Truffle hunter) and his dog.
Departure to go back to your daily life with fresh energy and good vibes!